Selection procedure for the position of Intendant - Executive Director of the Archa Theatre, Prague
Selection procedure for the position
Intendant - executive director of the Archa Theatre
Archa Theatre is a leading centre for contemporary performing arts regardless of the boundaries between genres, based in the city centre of Prague (the Czech Republic). Archa has more than 25 years of experience in innovative projects, progressive programming and domestic and international collaboration with renowned ensembles and artists.
Now there is an opportunity to build on the successful past and create a new future for the Archa Theatre!
We are looking for the new intendant - executive director and the statutory representative of the theatre. S/he will be in charge of the strategic planning and the financial side of the theatre. In cooperation with the program director and the artistic director, s/he will participate in the artistic planning of the theatre as a financial manager.
Who we are looking for:
The new intendant - executive director should have the following abilities and skills:
• enthusiasm for working in a cultural organization,
• university degree and 3 years of experience in managing a cultural or other non-profit organization, or other adequate education and 5 years of experience in managing a cultural or other non-profit organization,
• leadership and managerial skills,
• the ability to plan operational and financial matters in the medium and long term, as well as the ability to solve acute problems,
• experience from abroad or with international projects,
• overview of the Czech and international performing arts scene,
• ability to communicate in Czech (or Slovak) language and in English (or other) language.
What we offer:
• the opportunity to lead and develop a renowned independent cultural organization, to be a driver of progressive culture (not only) in Prague,
• friendly and well-coordinated team,
• background of a theatre with a permanent stage in the centre of Prague,
• active participation in interesting projects,
• connection to the networks of Czech and international theatres, ensembles, and artists,
• remuneration with a fixed and a motivational (variable) part,
• a phone, a laptop, and other benefits,
• external cooperation can start during the year 2021, the full position from 1.1.2022.
Selection procedure conditions:
The selection procedure is an open competition involving multiple rounds. During the first round, the candidates’ qualifications will be assessed. In the next round, selected candidates will be invited to take part in a personal interview.
Are we looking for you?
Let us know! Take the opportunity and send us your
• cover letter of up to one A4 page
before 31.12.2020 via email to [email protected]