Travel grants are intended to provide financial assistance for our members in order for them to participate in our meetings.
As much as we would like to accommodate as many members as possible, our budget is limited and we are not able to meet every request. Therefore, we have to create a list of criteria for selecting grantees.
If we receive more applications than the budget allows, then we select candidates on the basis of their access to opportunities, motivation and potential contribution to the meeting.
We encourage members to apply with environmentally friendly travel options whenever possible. However, air travel will be equally considered if there are no alternative options.
What do the grants cover?
The grants can cover up to 75% of the travel expenses in connection to the meeting, including airport transfers by public transport. The grants do not cover per diem, visa or local transport expenses (taxi, bus, etc.).
The grant also includes shared accommodation for three nights. IETM will cover and arrange accommodation directly for the nights between 12 June until 15 June.
Please note that travel grantees will likely have to share a twin room. Please feel free to contact us with any comments or remarks that may help us in allocating your accommodation. Health and personal well being issues will be taken into account to the extent of our capacity.
Who can apply?
Our travel grants are reserved for IETM members only. Regardless of the country where you are based, you must fit the following criteria:
- You or your organisation have been a member of IETM for at least one year;
- The annual turnover of your organisation or your freelance activities does not exceed 100,000 euros;
- You have already settled your membership fee for the ongoing year.
How does it work?
The grantees are responsible for booking their own travel, which will be partly refunded after the meeting upon receipt of the grant report. The nights of accommodation covered by the grant will be booked and paid directly by us. If you decide to stay longer, you will have to make the arrangements yourself.
Please note that a travel grant is only offered to one person per organisation. If two or more people working for the same organisation wish to apply for a travel grant to attend the meeting, they must share one grant.
Applications closed on 13 February at 17:00 CET.
- Carefully fill out the amount and details costs field, as well as your environmental travel challenges.
- Make sure to elaborate on the motivation section of the form – your motivation to attend the meeting will be the main criteria for selection.
- Any extra information that might help us better understand your situation is welcome.