IETM, together with Bitef, has commissioned this mapping which intends to provide a concise yet comprehensive overview of the contemporary performing arts in Serbia. It will be launched at the meeting. In this publication, we will analyse the performing arts in Serbia through three dominant models – public theatres, independent theatre organisations and private theatres.
Bearing in mind the broad scope of the community, we have created a complete list of all Performing Arts organisations in Serbia, which you can find here. This list is subject to change and will remain open so we can update it as we go.
Everyday innovators - IETM Publication, 2013
'Everyday Innovators' promotes innovative work organisation in the cultural sector in Europe. Based on real case studies, the publication aims to inspire cultural operators, and provide them with tools of reflection and action in order to rethink the organisation of work and managing human resources. The publication is commissioned by IETM and realised by La Belle Ouvrage.
Readings for the session Work & disability in the arts [debate]
Readings for the session Tracking the History
Live Art, alive in Time - IETM Porto Plenary Meeting report, 2018
How can we make it possible to extend the performing arts beyond their conventional live existence? This session took a critical look at the motives, methods, and outcomes of preserving and documenting live performances.
Priceless Price List
O Autorskim Pravima, Pravednim Naknadama Za Rad I Pravima Radnika U Području Scenaristike, Dramaturgije I Pisanja Izvedbenih Djela (About Copyright, Fair Compensation for Work and Workers' Rights in the Field of Screenwriting, Dramaturgy and Writing of Performance Works), Croatian - SPID - Croatian Screenwriters and Playwrights Guild
Towards feminist dramaturgical thinking
- Dubljevic, A., Feministički porno - pejzaži, o feminističkom dramaturškom mišljenju u praksi plesa i performansa, Stanica servis za savremeni ples, 2021
- Dubljevic, Ana, The Feminist Pornscapes, on feminist dramaturgical thinking in dance and performance practice, Station Service for contemporary dance, 2021
Work and (in)stability
- Radrigán, Valeria, “Trabajando En Medios, Sin Medios, Una reflexión sobre procesos transmediales desde la precariedad”, Revista virtual Escáner Cultural, Chile, 2010
- dr. sc. Primorac, Jaka, Od projekta do projekta, Blok, Zagreb, 2021
- Mosquera, Gerardo, “Contra El Arte Latinoamericano”, Parte de la conferencia que Gerardo Mosquera dio en el Centro Cultural España Córdoba, en 2009
To go further
Israel Aloni argues that the lack of governmental support for artists has pushed them to pursue activism but contends that art ought to remain independent of the civil-political sphere. This article was initially commissioned in preparation for the IETM Plenary Meeting in Tromsø, 30 April—3 May 2020, which was cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak.