My name is Efrat Vaknin (Ms.) , I'm from Tel Aviv, Israel.
Yesterday I registered to The IETM Conference. I just called Francheska (hope I spelled it right) from Brussels and she asked me to mail to this address:
1) Since I'm arriving from Israel, I will need a place to stay in a walking distance from the conference , I'm also a disabled person with a power wheelchair so I'll need a hotel with accessible rooms, Do you know such hotels?
2) Since I never been to Portugal, I will be happy to know about the accessibility of it and especially the part of town that we're going to be in. How about the conference itself? How about the transportation?
3) I noticed that there gonna be meals during the conference. I'm vegen (no meat/chicken/fish and no animal products like: eggs, dairy products and honey)/ Is there any vegan food?
4) Please write me your phone number ,cause I didn't receive no answer by mail
For our stay your have some option in Porto city center, such as Stay hotel Porto, Mercure Porto Centro (Batalha) or Hotel Teatro. We advise you to confirm if the accessible room is available before you make your reservation.
Unfortunately, Porto is a very old town with a large number of barriers. About the venues, it's prepared and it's accessible.
The only meal supported by IETM during the meeting it will be the brunch, on Sunday. There will be vegan options. During the meeting we do not guarantee the meals. There will be food trucks with some options and there are many places around the conference zone where you can find really good food.
Hi Efrat, nice talking to you on the phone earlier. You can find information about accessibility of the meeting venues and some other general tips on accessibility in Porto on the practica info page. Don't hesitate to write us here if you have any other questions.
Thank you for your answer Ana!
*Can you write if the hotels/apartments mentioned below are walking distance from the venues (I never been to Portugal before):
1) Axis Porto Business & Spa Hotel (R. Maria Feliciana 100, São Mamede de Infesta 4465-283 Matosinhos, Portugal)
2) Exe Almada Porto (Rua do Almada 361, 4050-032 Porto, Portugal)
3)Sun Street Home (R. do Sol 19, 4000-098 Porto, Portugal
4) Casa Valxisto (Rua Padres da Agostinha, n.º 233, 4560-195 Penafiel, )
**Do you know of accessible taxis that I can take from the airport to the hotel (on wednesday) and back on sunday and from the hotel to the venues?
***Do you know if there's a public transportation in the area that is accessible (buses, trains.subways)?
The nearest is the Exe Almada Porto. The first and the last one are verry far away.
About taxis and public transports please check here: https://www.ietm.org/en/ietm-porto-plenary-meeting-2018/transport
Thank you for the information, It helps me alot!
How about the hotels you mentioned before (stay hotel Porto, Mercure Porto Centro (Batalha) or Hotel Teatro.) are they walking distance from the different venues.
You are welcome, Erat.
Yes, these hotels are more central, as Exe Almada Porto (near Plenary Meeting venues).
But, please ask theme a room with acesibility.