What are the aims of IETM Global Connect?
IETM Global Connect aims to make the network more diverse, inclusive and accessible, and enable performing arts professionals from across the globe to:
- Expand their international network and find new collaborators and partners across all horizons;
- Become inspired in their professional lives, which they can share with their communities;
- Develop new skills and knowledge through peer-to-peer learning;
- Actively contribute to IETM’s activities and development by bringing a fresh perspective to its members and the global performing arts sector on a long term basis.
What does IETM Global Connect offer?
As part of the programme, selected IETM Global Connectors will benefit from:
- IETM Membership: selected Global Connectors will receive the IETM membership for 5 years (beginning of 2023 till end of 2027), with full access to all members’ benefits; including full access to the IETM internal digital platform and members newsletters, opportunities to use the IETM partners search tool and to share their own news via IETM's communication channels.
- IETM’s Governance & Structure: The IETM secretariat strongly advocates for its members contribution towards its Governance & Structure. Global Connectors will have the opportunity to have their voice heard and contribute towards meaningful discussions, and changes within the network, by example through voting in the IETM General Assembly, which takes place each year in June.
- Access to IETM Events: As included in their 2023 - 2027 IETM membership, Global Connectors gain free access to IETM events in those 5 years. This means free entrance to all seminars, workshops, talks hosted by the network and opportunities to engage with the large and diverse IETM membership, representing all sections of the performing arts – from national institutions to independent artists.
- Support to attend one IETM meeting: The Global Connectors selected in 2023 will receive funding support to attend the IETM Plenary meeting in Aarhus, Denmark on 12-15 June 2023. As part of that meeting, the Global Connectors will come together for a day of peer-to-peer networking, presentations and knowledge exchange with IETM Associate Members.
Who can apply for the IETM Global Connect Programme?
IETM Global Connect is open to performing arts professionals worldwide (producers, artists, managers, presenters, etc) working in an organisation or as freelance / self-employed.
Applicants who applied for Global Connect in 2021 are eligible to apply again. This applies both to successful applicants as well as those who were not selected in the 2021 application process.
- Applicants should be currently working in the contemporary performing arts anywhere in the world;
- Applicants should have a minimum of five years professional experience in the performing arts field;
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a commitment to increasing global awareness, inclusion, accessibility and connectivity for the benefit of their communities;
- As IETM’s working language, applicants should be able to communicate proficiently in English and be able to contribute to meetings and gatherings.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of:
- How well the applicant meets the above criteria;
- Motivation and reasons for applying (or reapplying) for Global Connect;
- Background, skills and experience of the applicant, and the values and contributions they might bring to the programme.
IETM is committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. Moreover, IETM strongly welcomes applications from countries and regions where IETM does not have any members, in particular from countries across the Global South. Please find the full list of countries with IETM membership here.