Performing Arts in (a world in) Transition I
Performing Arts in (a world in) Transition I (PAT I) was one of our main projects for 3 years and the predecessor of our ongoing PAT II scheme. Engaging in multilateral alliances with academia, policy-makers, NGO’s from other sectors and other cultural networks, the scheme was based on five programme lines:
- Sustainable Models: on the development of innovative business/management and self-organisation models for arts organisations to survive an era of public funding cuts and political restrictions to independent artists.
- Measurable Impact: on identifying the right indicators for valuing the arts and artistic projects, and the best ways to assess, evaluate and better defend arts funding – as a shared responsibility of funders and the art world.
- Live Arts in Digital Times: on the relation between live and screened and all the new opportunities brought in by digital media.
- Worldwide Connections: trying to reduce imbalances within Europe and to connect with areas outside the European Union – to gain access to new markets and create synergies for cooperation.
- Professional Capacities: with two new formats (Staff Exchange and Campus) and the regular project proposal - and expertise sharing sessions during all IETM events, we created numerous opportunities for emerging and settled operators to build new capacities.
In addition, the creation of a new digital platform and the development of successful communication and social media strategies were key in composing a digital library on the main themes of the project, disseminating the project outcomes, monitoring the results and multiplying the project’s impact on the sector.