3rd IETM members Central & East Europe meet up - May 14th - 16:30 CET
The next conversation will take place on May 14th at 16.30 and we will continue with our discussion on “What we can do together”.
We touched upon a point in our second meeting that seemed to resonate with the members present and we would like to continue the conversation on how we can support this further.
The point was on how we can use each other and the connections and IETM to raise the question of how the Governments are distributing the funding from the Coronavirus Response Investment Initiative (CRII), and other instruments implemented to help alleviate the impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on culture. Elena Polivtseva,
Head of Policy and Research at IETM will also join us for the conversation.
The meeting will take place on zoom, please find the link and details below:
ETM members Eastern & Central Europe
Thursday, 14 May⋅16:30 – 18:00
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 972 2417 2120
If you want to do some research before the meeting please check the links, which were forwarded to me after our conversation by our Creative Europe Desk guest.
1.) The link to the Press conference following the video conference of ministers of culture: https://video.consilium.europa.eu/en/webcast/f8d36201-be4b-46df-9163-4992b6f10ceb
And the written summary: https://eu2020.hr/Home/OneNews?id=240
2) Link to Corona Response Investment initiative, with a letter to each member state where you can see the amount of funding allocated and the ministry to which the letter was addressed too:
3) »Questions and answers on the Coronavirus Response Investment Initiative Plus: New actions to mobilise essential investments and resources«: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/qanda_20_574
4) The Danish example where the Danish Government (already on March 12th!!) secured 12 million EUR help from EU for compensation of cancelled events: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/IP_20_454
5) Also, the European Commission launched a new platform Creatives Unite: a new platform for cultural and creative stakeholders to help artists, performers and others working in the cultural and creative sectors share information and ideas more easily during the current coronavirus crisis: https://creativesunite.eu/
The platform offers a common space for all those looking for information about cultural and creative sector initiatives responding to the coronavirus crisis. It gives access in one single space to the multitude of existing resources and numerous relevant networks and organisations. It also offers a curated space to co-create and upload contributions towards finding solutions together. More information is available here (https://ec.europa.eu/culture/news/coronavirus-new-platform-cultural-and-creative-stakeholders_en).
6) For those of you involved with various EU cooperation projects you might find helpful the compendium of recommendations towards the measures to overcome difficulties with carrying out the projects suggested by Slovenian project leaders: https://ced-slovenia.eu/en/slovenian-creative-europe-beneficiaries-propose-4-sets-measures-overcome-difficulties/