Join us for a work session on funding structures!
We would like to invite you to join us for a work session on funding structures which is taking place within the Culture Cluster of the Bosch Alumni Network. (The network connects about 6.000 people around the globe, over 1.000 working the cultural sector.)
The aim of the work group is to share experiences and future perspectives from different regions in the world and open up the dialogue between artists, cultural workers, activists and funders. Many support schemes are being reassessed, ended or re-launched these days, so this seems a good time for encouraging a new dialogue between those who request the money and those who have it.
As a first step we launched a survey to collect best practice examples. In Rijeka we invite all interested participants to join our first live meeting on
Friday, 24th of Oct. from 11:15 am to 2:45 pm at RiHub classroom
(Ul. Ivana Grohovca 1/a) to discuss the first findings, share experiences and develop new strategic approaches.
Some of the issues we are looking at from the survey are:
- WHO INITIATES? WHO REACTS?
- COMMUNICATION and FORMAL ISSUES in funding processes
- DEALING WITH FAILURE (process vs. project)
Some points of discussion:
- paradoxical dilemma of countries in conflict
- principles of international collaboration (fair practice, context analysis, consideration)
- global cloud funding / peer-to-peer
- EU distribution schemes/ intercontinental distribution
- developing experimental funding schemes
Please drop us a line, if you are interested in joining us.
We would love to hear your thoughts!
Marc Kwizera, Marilli Mastrantoni, Nada Abdelwahab, Sigrid Hilmer, Valentin Schmehl