Call for artistic workshops in public space
The international, 1-year Master program ‘Performing Public Space’ (PPS) invites guest artists from a variety of backgrounds, with a focus on public space as their research/practice environment, to apply with proposals to host interactive, on-site workshops for our students. (Fontys Campus Tilburg, The Netherlands)
Master PPS offers a flexible and innovative environment to artistically question, redefine and reclaim public space in its broadest sense. Combining an interdisciplinary range of approaches and subjects, with an equally diverse range of research methods, PPS creates the opportunity for its Master students to explore their practice and its potential in public space. The primary goal of the program is to enable students to adopt an independent and critical reflective attitude while inventively switching between different roles in the organisational process of their artistic research. Our students come from various backgrounds such as theatre, dance, circus, music, fine arts, architecture, digital arts and graphic design.
What are you going to do?
- Lead artistic workshops during one of the on-site Bootcamps (October / January / May) in Tilburg, The Netherlands. (by invitation only)
- Lead interactive online session (by invitation only)
Content and methodology may vary according to your respective discipline and practice but must be connected to: public space discourse, artistic research and the public sphere, collaborative artistic practices, socially engaged practices.
The benefits at a glance:
- Becoming part of our international network of artists and researchers
- Work in higher education (Fontys University of Fine and Performing Arts)
- Working in an interdisciplinary setting focusing on current developments in artistic research and practice
- Remuneration: €50/hour (excl. tax)
- Plus: 2h preparation, travel
What do we ask?
- Teaching/workshop and artistic experience
- Affinity with artistic research
- Practical experience with working in/with public space
- A Master’s Degree/PhD is considered a plus
- Residency in the Netherlands or Belgium is a plus
Interested? Please submit the following via e-mail to FHKpublicspace@fontys.nl (use subject line: "Workshop Proposal”)
- Workshop proposal & student preparation/assignment material (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Portfolio of artistic experience (should include visuals like photos, videos, audio, sketches, reviews)
HOW TO APPLY:
Deadline for applications: September 1, 2022
[NOTE: Due to the high amount of submissions we are expecting to receive, we will send you an answer after the deadline and before September 12, 2022.]
Contact details: FHKpublicspace@fontys.nl
Whats App: +31617248693
More about Master Performing Public Space: