IETM is Hiring: Full-Time Events Administration Assistant
IETM – International network for contemporary performing arts is one of the oldest and largest international cultural networks, representing the voice of over 500 member organisations and individual professionals working in the contemporary performing arts worldwide.
IETM advocates for the value of the arts and culture and empowers performing arts professionals through access to international connections, knowledge and a dynamic forum for exchange. You can learn more about IETM here.
IETM is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, ethnicity, origin, religion or economic or other status.
The Events Administration Assistant’s role is to support the daily administrative operations of the IETM office and assist in preparation of IETM activities.
The Events Administration Assistant is accountable to the Events and Production Manager who is his/her/their Line Manager. They/she/he will also work in close collaboration with other IETM team members. Bi-weekly team briefings are held with the IETM Secretariat team and there is a job appraisal once each year.
Main Areas of Responsibility
1. General Administration
The Events Administration Assistant will be responsible for monitoring the general inbox of IETM, responding to specific and general administrative queries from IETM members and public, mainly but not limited to queries regarding IETM events participation.
They will also be responsible for updating information on the IETM database of events and activities participants, members, partners, stakeholders and other contacts as well as checking the database for pending payments and irregularities.
Moreover, the Events Administration Assistant will handle the approval of new accounts created on the IETM website and database.
2. Production support
The Events Administration Assistant will also assist in the preparation and execution of IETM events; including annual Plenaries, IETM Focus meetings and Policy events as well as other physical and online events with the following tasks:
- Assisting participants with events registration procedures, invoicing, payment of registration fees, refunds, etc.
- Preparing event participant lists and participant badges in cooperation with the local organiser;
- Preparing mailing lists and specific emails via CRM system targeted at IETM event participants;
- Drafting VISA or funding invitation letters for participants and speakers;
- Drafting contracts and agreements for speakers and travel grants;
- Following up on the billing and payment of travel grants and speaker fees as well as hotel and travel arrangements, in collaboration with the Events and Production Manager;
- Encoding production expenses (purchases) into the accounting software and providing information on event expenditure and income on a day-to-day basis;
- Archiving administrative documents
Other Tasks shared with the IETM team
- Liaising with other members of the IETM team responsible for the day-to-day financial and budgetary aspects of projects.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties that may be determined by the Events and Production Manager from time to time, and if time permits.
- Working at all times as a member of the Secretariat team, contributing and accepting ideas and information and ensuring the smooth information flow with the IETM secretariat.
- Being interested in administration;
- Background in secretariat, personal assistance or administration;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word (mail merge), iWork and Google Drive;
- Notions of database management systems and interest in learning more;
- Written and spoken working English (Dutch or French are an asset);
- Ability to multitask and attention to details;
- Being tech savvy;
- Autonomy and ability to learn fast.
Please note: This is an administrative, office-based position and the selected candidate is expected to reside in Belgium.
Remuneration and work hours
The contract offered in the first instance is a fixed term contract of 3 month, starting on 2 May 2022. If both parties agree, the contract will be renewed for 1 year, with the prospect of an unlimited contract. The wage is fixed according to the Flemish salary scales for the performing arts sector (CAO PC 304) Scale C. Lunch vouchers are given for days worked.
This is a full-time position, the assistant will be expected to work 38 hours a week. Hours and working days can be flexible – however, will not start before 08:30 and will not continue after 19:30.
Please, send your curriculum vitae and cover letter, in English, with the subject line “Events Administration Assistant application” to email@example.com.
Deadline for application to be sent: 20 February 2022 at 23.59 CET
Job-Interviews: 10 March 2022
Position start: 2 May 2022