The call for project presentation closed on 9 July 2021 at 17:00 CEST. Selected presenters will be announced in early September 2021.
In the Satellite Girona, we will think of new ways to reposition the arts as a relevant agent for social change. Within this framework, we seek to enable a space to discover emerging or in-development cultural or artistic projects that are innovative and convey the idea of transformation.
With this purpose, we launch this call for project presentation on an international scale. Selected presenters will have the opportunity to present their projects on site in Girona in one of the two project presentation sessions planned during the meeting (25-27 November 2021).
You can find more information about the call, application criteria, and apply through the link below.
Who can apply?
Projects that are eligible for the Satellite Girona call for project presentation must:
- Be a cultural project (programming, space, mediation, etc.) or an artistic project (development of a creative or artistic work).
- Be an emerging project or be an on-going project that still holds space for further development. We aspire to identify unconsolidated projects that seek a first contact with a professional network.
- Be innovative, convey the idea of transformation and follow at least one of the three thematic threads that we are going to follow during the meeting: New funding schemes and cultural policies, Alternative models for the international or Opportunities for artistic innovation.
- Be presented on site in Girona on the dates of the meeting (25-27 November 2021), meaning that the presenter should be available to attend the Satellite on site in Girona on these dates.
Please also note that, as the main language of the meeting is English, the presentations should preferably be in English as well, but please inform us in your application in case you have any difficulties with English.
What we offer
In order to offer the best context for the project presentation, selected presenters will benefit from:
- Free registration for attending the Satellite Girona (one presenter per project);
- A professional accompaniment to help them prepare their project presentation;
- An environment where the meeting participants can dialogue with them (feedback and networking);
- Visibility in the official program of the meeting and in online communications.
After the call ends on 9 July, the organisers of the Satellite Girona (IETM, ICEC and IRL) will process all the applications received, evaluate the projects according to the requirements and select around a dozen projects to be presented at the Satellite Girona.
The final list of selected projects will be made public and announced via email before 15 September 2021.
For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.