Are you putting together a creative project and need to find the extra pieces of the puzzle? Perhaps you’re just starting, and need to find the right partners? Do you need the right person to give you the insights that will help things unfold?
IETM Pitchorama is a session that creates opportunities both for the presenter and the listeners. The rule of the game is that you have to produce a 5-minute video where you tell participants in the room exactly what or whom you are looking for. The selected candidates will be able to present their project and take part in a live Q&A during the IETM Lyon Plenary Meeting Pitchorama session. The selected videos will also be published on IETM's channels after the meeting.
Ready to pitch? Please read thoroughly the application guidelines and criteria, and apply through the form below.
Who should apply ?
Presenters who are eligible for the IETM Pitchorama should be:
- An IETM member;
- Developing a project or a practise where there are opportunities for new partnerships;
- Wanting to connect with peers who have a certain expertise or network;
- Looking for feedback or in need of new ideas;
- Calling for contributions for their practise.
For the application process, we will ask you to submit
In the application, we will ask you for:
- A 5-minute video showcasing your work, explaining your project or your practice and its context in voice over. You can find some guidelines on how to produce your video below. Don’t forget to mention the type of contributions or partners that you are looking for!
- A short bio, your motivation, and a written description of your project and its current stage.
Project presentation guidelines
Here are some guidelines you should use to prepare the content of your video for the application:
- The video should be 5 minutes maximum;
- The video should include your pitch as well as footage of your project or examples of your other work. More than a showreel or your existing promotional footage, the video should reflect the aim of your pitch.
- Please make sure you describe your project as concisely and as clearly as possible.
- Don’t forget to tell IETM members and participants about which type of feedback or collaborations you are looking for.
- Before the presentation, make sure you quickly introduce yourself as well as your practice, your creative context and your challenges.
- When you record yourself, make sure your sound is clear of any background noise or echo.
- Make sure you are well lit, preferable with natural light.
- Make sure you speak looking at the camera and that there are no distractions on the screen.
- Avoid wearing pattern clothes, especially checks or stripes.
- The video quality should be HD1080i and it should be in landscape orientation, for optimal projection.
- The file should be in MP4, MOV or AVI format.
A few extra points to keep in mind
- Please keep in mind that we might ask you to re-edit your video, after a feedback meeting. By sending in your application you commit to reworking your video if needed.
- You must be registered for the meeting in order to be eligible to present at Pitchorama.
- It is preferable that the selected presenters attend the meeting on site.
- The participation in the live session and in the Q&A is compulsory for selected presenters. We will not showcase videos of presenters who cannot attend the session.
- It is important that the person presenting in the video is the same person doing the Q&A during the live session.
How to apply?
- Log in to your account or create one. Please note that if you have to create an account, you will first have to wait until it's approved before coming back to this page and continuing with the next steps.
- Fill out the Pitchorama application form through the link below.
|APPLY NOW ->|
Extended application deadline: 23 September 2021 at 17:00 CEST
The Pitchorama session and live Q&A will be held during the IETM Lyon Plenary Meeting (21-24 October).