Unlimited Theatre is a company of artists and producers making inspirational new performance work. Founded in 1997, we work internationally to present our work in public spaces - theatres, festivals, museums, outdoors and on the internet.
We specialise in collaborating with scientists and technologists to explore the possible future impacts of their research, currently with a focus on human enhancement technologies and concepts of identity.
We also run a dedicated stand of work for family audiences through our Unlimited Space Agency project to inspire the next generation of scientists, activists and space explorers.
• To inspire audiences to want to help change the world (for the better)
• To do this by telling uplifting stories and creating unique, participatory experiences
• To share our stories across many platforms with people throughout the UK and internationally.
• Collaboration across sectors is a key principle and we work with an ever increasing pool of associate artists, scientists, technologists and educators
• At our work’s heart is a sincere desire to encourage participation from audiences – both in the process and moment of (co)creation.
• While our work is mostly for live performance and often happens in theatres, increasingly it is made with a ‘cross-platform curiosity’ – that is, with a desire to make and distribute the work in other places (e.g. outdoors; in galleries and museums; for broadcast and the internet) but still and always with an emphasis on the ‘liveness’ of that experience for our audiences
• We tour extensively in the UK and overseas
• We are committed to evolving new ideas that inspire us and our audiences to develop and (where appropriate or necessary) shift our understanding of the world and our place in it
• We are committed to developing and creating the most creative and enjoyable environments for all our staff, freelancers and audiences to work and play in. Everyone should feel valued, safe and happy when working with us.
• Empathy, generosity and collaboration in partnerships
• Rigour, curiosity and optimism in processes
• Innovation, adventure and brilliance in presentations