We are looking for a Secretary General
IETM - International network for contemporary performing arts - is inviting applications from an international field to fill the role of a new Secretary General.
IETM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
The Secretary General is the driving force of the network. He/she is responsible for developing the vision and strategies of the network, defined together with the Board of Directors. He/she is in charge of their implementation, in order to ensure for IETM to be responsive, forward-looking and relevant network for the contemporary performing arts in a global environment. He/she represents IETM and engages in advocacy, and is also in charge of the management of the organisation.
We are looking for candidates with a strong motivation and he/she is required to have:
- At least 15 years of experience in managing organisations from the field of art and culture, preferably in the performing arts, within an international context. An experience in managing intercultural teams would be an additional asset.
- An experience in working collaboratively with a diversity of partners;
- Good knowledge of international cultural policies;
- Skills for advocacy, including public presentations and writing;
- Experience in fundraising, including EU funded projects;
- An appetite for good team work across a flat structure;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle heavy workload
- Excellent written and spoken English. The knowledge of French or Dutch is an asset.
This position starts from November 1st, 2018, with one month of transition period.
This is a full time position based in the Brussels office, with a fixed term of five years that might be extended for a second term. The position requires periodic weekend work, and frequent international travels. The wage is fixed according to the Scale A of the Flemish salary scales for the performing arts sector (CAO PC 304).
- Potential candidates are requested to send a motivation letter and CV to [email protected]: Deadline: March 25th, 2018, noon CET;
- Candidates selected for interview will be noticed by April 6th, 2018;
- First round interviews will take place on April 25th or April 28th, 2018 in Porto (Portugal) during the IETM Plenary Meeting;
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on May 17th, 2018 in Brussels.
IETM is willing to cover travel costs for the interviews, if needed.
Both rounds of interviews will be held by a panel comprising members of the Board of Directors and the Secretariat Team.
Find the full job description here.