Netherlands think-tank session: how to think about the future in NL international performing arts
Dag allen, hello all in the Netherlands,
I'd like to invite you to a second NL members session taking place on Thursday 28 May at 9:30 - 11:00 CET.
I've been talking with some of you about the issues and ideas that have been circulating in the last month, not so much about practical solutions in Covid-19 related restrictions but about HOW we want to think about the future in the performing arts and specifically international performing arts. To this end I've asked Jeffrey Meulman if we can use his blog post from January as a kick-start to a thinktank session with you all (see here).
The session is open to non IETM members in the Netherlands as well. Jeffrey's piece is in Dutch, though we can decide which language we want to use in the discussion. We will start with an introduction from Jeffrey, followed by group questions and discussions. I would then like to suggest we talk in more detail about these four issues concerning the fundamental values for artistic 'meerwaarde' in international working:
1) duurzaamheid - by which I also want to ask what exactly do we mean by sustainability, not just economic/ecological and on which terms; short, medium and long-term (is long-term always sustainable?)
2) mobiliteit - how can we continue to work across borders, not just through virtual exchange
3) samenwerking - collaborative practices, what works, what is up for review, what could be done differently
4) zichtbaarheid - international profile and visibility in local/regional settings or vice versa
5) delen van financiën of verdelen van inkomstbronnen/subsidies - how to access finance and subsidies and/or share resources more effectively (and more honestly)
If there are more than 10 people attending we can break into smaller groups.
Please RSVP your attendance to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All best wishes,
Time: 28 May, 09:30 - 11:00 CET
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 929 5245 2609
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ayJ27t6ZG