Vacancy International development / Artistic planning
LOD is an international production company for opera and musical theatre. LOD develops projects with a group of artists (among which Josse De Pauw, Kris Defoort, Inne Goris, Atelier Bildraum and Daan Janssens) and supports young work as well. LOD visits both national and international stages with its productions (in and outside of Europe). Various projects are international coproductions. LOD organises its activities from the Bijlokesite in Ghent.
- As the person in charge of international development, you are one of the key figures in LOD’s artistic and strategic policy and you are one of the ‘faces’ of LOD
o In consultation with the general director and your colleague in charge of distribution, you define LOD’s international policy and translate this into an operational policy in terms of the distribution and coproduction of projects.
o You are responsible for initiating coproductions and work hard at building an international network.
o You are involved in building and maintaining European networks (enoa – young opera makers).
o You coordinate the distribution of productions and join forces with the colleague in charge of distribution and with the management bureaus LOD works with in order to realise its operational policy.
- As the person in charge of artistic planning
o You lay out the artistic planning, in close consultation with the staff and the artists in residence.
o You develop the planned productions in close consultation with the artists, the business director, the technical coordinator and the production leaders.
o You manage the production leaders and, together with the technical coordinator, the technical production managers.
- You have a passion for and are familiar with the performing arts and are able to discuss the subject convincingly with artists, coproducers and colleagues.
- Leaning on extensive experience, you know the do’s and don’ts of artistic international networking and you have already built up an active network.
- You have good communicational skills and you are multilingual (French/English).
- You know how to define and control production budgets.
- You work methodically and know how to work on various projects at the same time with a strict eye on the deadlines.
- You do well both independently and as a team, and you know how to make decisions and implement them.
- You know how to motivate a group of employees.
- You are devoted, creative and enthusiastic.
- You are aware that working in the arts on an international scale entails many trips, foreign stays, and evening and weekend work.
- A fulltime job with opportunities to take the initiative within an ambitious arts organisation and together with an enthusiastic team.
- A salary defined according to the collective labour agreement regarding the performing arts.
- A permanent contract.
Apply via mail, with your resume and application letter, by the 28th of April 2017 at the latest: email@example.com - Contact: Hans Bruneel