OPEN CALL for 3D modeling and animation artists (RO, ES, IT)
Dear IETM members,
I know this is only tangentially related to the performing arts, but perhaps you know of any 3D modeling and animation artists based in Spain, Italy, or Romania who might be interested in our open call, so I include it below.
Teatrul “George Ciprian” Buzău (RO), Industria Scenica (IT) and UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia (ES) are looking for early-career 3D modeling and animation artists under the age of 30 to join
the project team of Tele-Encounters: Beyond the Human, co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union. The project explores the integration of telepresence, robots, and A.I. into art and the impact of technology on transnational family relationships.
The 3D artists' tasks (in short):
- Coordinating 2 workshops for robot design development (concept only) alongside a roboticist. The workshops are aimed at co-creating imaginary robot designs with the local community in Buzău (RO), Murcia (ES) and Vimodrone (IT)
- Creating 2 virtual 3D models of robots with basic animated movements based on the outputs of the workshops.
- Good knowledge of 3D modeling and animation software (preferably, but not restricted to Cinema 4D, Maya, 3ds Max)
- At least 1 year of professional experience
- Based in Romania, Spain, or Italy
- Good knowledge of English (you will work with an international team)
- The ability to work well in an interdisciplinary team
- A keen interest in non-conventional work processes with local audiences
- The ability to meet deadlines
Phase I - preselection:
● CV (with your statement allowing us to use your personal data for the purpose of the selection process)*
● Portfolio (digital) indicating clearly the breakdown of your work for each project
● Letter of intent stating why you wish to be part of the project team (max. 3/4 of an A4
* RO artists are asked to send the signed GDPR consent form.
Please submit to:
- (for RO) [email protected]
- (for ES) [email protected] (CC [email protected])
- (for IT) [email protected] (CC [email protected]).
with the subject “3D animation contest Tele-Encounters: BTH” (RO)/(ES)/(IT) - choose country
depending on where you apply.
Application deadline: 31st December 2020, 23:59.
Preselected candidates will be announced via email on 8 January 2021.
Phase II - online interview for preselected candidates:
Interviews will take place online: 14-15 January 2021.
Selected applicants will be announced on 19 January 2021 via email.
For more information, including the allotted budget per activity, please read the full text of the call: