LOD Muziektheater (Ghent, Belgium) seeks new collaborator for (inter)national distribution
LOD is an international production house for opera and musical theatre. LOD develops projects with a group of artists (among which Josse De Pauw, Kris Defoort, Inne Goris, Atelier Bildraum and Daan Janssens) and supports young work as well. LOD visits both national and international stages with its productions (in and outside of Europe). LOD organises its activities from the Bijloke site in Ghent (Belgium).
In order to support its activities, LOD non-profit organisation is looking for a new collaborator for national and international distribution
(M/F) Full time
We are looking for an enthusiastic co-worker with experience in the arts sector, more specifically in the performing arts. You have communication and business skills and enjoy the challenge of expanding a national and international network.
You work closely with the artistic and international coordinator and report to the latter on a regular basis.
In the framework of the overall international development strategy led by the international coordinator in consultation with the general director, you are:
Responsible for the national and international sale of LOD productions:
- You maintain the existing network of distribution partners and develop new contacts relevant to each production.
- You are responsible for defining and implementing specific action plans in order to promote and sell each production.
- You are responsible for inviting organisers at the premières and performances, and the follow-up.
- You negotiate buyouts and draft cost estimates, in consultation with the production officers.
The contact point for the external distribution offices LOD works with for some of its projects:
- You pass along all relevant information and promotional material for the sale of the productions.
- You support their effort through complementary travels, invitations and targeted communication to professionals, and organise regular updates.
- You are the contact point for all questions regarding availability and feasibility and follow up the drawing up of the contracts.
In collaboration with the Communication and Press Manager, you organise the promotional strategy for the sale of the projects:
- You define the planning and content of professional newsletters sent by LOD to promote its productions & its annual distribution brochure.
- You update the promotional material of the projects.
You are trilingual (Dutch/French/English), both spoken and written.
You have a proactive and customer-oriented attitude.
You work well in a team but are also able to work autonomously.
You are driven, flexible, resistant to stress and good at meeting deadlines.
You are methodical and communicate efficiently on the work in progress.
You have a business mind and do not shy away from seeking out new partners.
You have good writing skills.
You are aware that travelling and working in the evenings weekends are part of the job.
You have your driver’s licence.
You have at least two years of experience in a similar position in an international context.
You bring your own national and international network in performing arts.
What we offer
A job in an enthusiastic team in a highly ambitious organisation. The salary is calculated according to the performance arts Collective Labour Agreement.
Contract: Open-ended, full-time
Start: as soon as possible
Send your application letter and CV (in Dutch, English or French) to LOD, Attn Ann Hellemans, Bijlokekaai 3, 9000 Gent
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
before March the 21th 2018