LA BRIQUETERIE-CDCN du Val-de-Marne is looking for a new director
La Briqueterie - CDCN is one of the 13 organisations that are part of the network of Centres de Développement Chorégraphique established since 1995 (State certification from 2017 on Decree n. 2017-432).
The certification ‘Centre de développement chorégraphique national’ (National Choreographic Development Centre) is given to an artistic structure whose main mission is to support, promote, and present choreographic creation as well as to conduct outreach activities, by developing artistic and cultural action programmes.
This network is based on pre-existing projects. La Briqueterie – CDCN was born out of the festival ‘Biennale de Danse du Val-de-de-Marne’, that celebrated its 20th edition and 40th anniversary in 2019. Since 2006, La Briqueterie – CDCN has developed a broader programme becoming a reference at local, national and international levels As to 2013, la Briqueterie has resided in a building provided by the local authority in Vitry-sur-Seine, a city with approximately 100,000 inhabitants, situated 4 km south of Paris.
In a renovated industrial building, La Briqueterie offers 4 studios (including a studio-theatre with seating capacity of 172), meeting spaces and outdoor spaces. Supported by the Conseil Départemental du Val-de-Marne (local authority), the Ministry of Culture – DRAC Ile-de-France (state authority), Ville de Vitry-sur-Seine (city) and the Conseil régional d’Ile-de-France (regional authority), La Briqueterie – CDCN had an annual operating budget of 1,571K€ in 2018 (year without Biennale festival) and 2,232K€ in 2019 (year with Biennale festival).
The structure receives additional funding from the European Union (Creative Europe and Erasmus + projects). Its team includes 12 full time employees.
The director will design and implement an artistic and cultural project for the structure within the framework of the State certification detailed in the Decree of May 5th 2017 :
• Support choreographic creation and its dissemination by identifying and accompanying artists,
• Compose dance programmes that encompasses a diverse range of forms and aesthetics,
• Maintain an artistic presence through different forms of residencies ("associated artist residency programme" or studio loan)
• Develop and disseminate choreographic culture through outreach and educational programmes and serve as a resource hub in the field of dance,
• Support artistic practices, notably among non-professionals and serve as a reference point for artistic education,
• Participate in the professional development of young choreographic artists.
In his/her application, the future director will take into account specific orientations linked to the Ile-de-France region:
• Continuation of the festival Biennale de danse du Val-de-Marne and its collaborative partnerships ;
• Relations with regional institutions and partners
• Pursue the CDCN's participation in European programmes and actions and strengthen its connections within transnational networks
• Maintain and develop actions in the field of screendance and in the publishing field (publication of the journal Repères, cahier de danse) PROFILE
• Professional experience in the field of choreography and contemporary creation in dance • Strong knowledge of dance history and choreographic culture
• Excellent knowledge of the cultural operators and dance networks at national and international levels, as well as an interest in the European field
• Significant experience in management and supervising staff
• High level in administrative management
• Ability to develop and deliver artistic projects within framework of a constant budget
• Capacity to generate proposals for cultural outreach and education, local development and public relations
• Proven capacity for collaborative work within networks and partnerships
• French and English fluency at professional level
According to the State certification defined in the article 1 of the arrêté du 5 mai 2017, the director will not be an active artist.
HOW TO APPLY
Resumé and cover letter in French (maximum 3 pages) addressing the major points outlined in the application as well as the wished salary (gross annual) must be received sent no later than the 25 February 2020 (no late applications will be accepted) by email to candidat[email protected] and by postal mail (postmarked deadline) to: Monsieur le Président de La Briqueterie - CDCN du Val-de-Marne, 17 rue Robert Degert, 94400 Vitry-sur-Seine.
Pre-selected candidates will be informed of the result of their application and will receive an orientation guideline and other useful documents, which will be the base of a written project (maximum 15 pages summary) in French, accompanied by a preliminary budget for years 2021, 2022 and 2023.
Final complete application is expected at the beginning of May 2020 at the latest. Pre-selected candidates will meet the selection jury between the 1st and the 12th of June 2020. No late applications will be accepted. Further information and reference documents: https://www.alabriqueterie.com/fr/actualites/la-briqueterie-cdcn-recrute...