Call Out for Sonica 2017 at the Titan Crane
Cryptic is looking for a creatively ambitious, Scottish-based composer/sound artist to create a bespoke electronic soundscape for the wheelhouse of the iconic Titan Crane
For 2017, celebrating 110 years since the Titan Crane was built, Cryptic would like to commission a Scottish-based composer/sound artist to create a bespoke electronic soundscape for the wheelhouse of the Crane. This new work would ideally reflect not only Titan’s role as an outstanding icon of the Clyde’s industrial heritage, celebrating its extraordinary innovative engineering, it would also celebrate the regeneration of Clydebank’s waterfront and its future.
The site-specific work will be presented in the Titan Crane during one of the weekends as part of Cryptic’s biennial visual sonic arts festival, Sonica, which returns to Glasgow from 26 October – 5 November 2017.
All Scottish-based composers and sound artists (regardless of age or stage in their career) are welcome to apply. We are looking for creatively ambitious artists with innovative ideas to transform the exciting and inspiring wheel house of the Crane into a memorable sonic experience. Artists who have previously presented work at Sonica or are currently in higher or further education are not eligible to apply.
The selected artist will receive:
- A guaranteed commission fee of £2,000 inclusive of artist’s fee and production costs;
- A platform for your work supported by an experienced, international arts company with support, advice and space to take risks;
- An opportunity to participate in an international arts festival;
- Venue, technical, PR and marketing support;
- An opportunity to build a new audience and raise your profile;
- Valuable opportunities to develop networks alongside exceptional international and emerging artists.
If you would like to apply please download the submission guidelines from our website http://www.cryptic.org.uk/work-with-us/. If you require additional support in completing your application please contact Rachel at [email protected].
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to: [email protected]. The PDF file name and email subject line should read YOURNAME Titan Crane Sonica 17 Application. (e.g. Jim Smith Titan Crane Sonica 17 Application.