Call for Applications / Archa Theatre International Summer School: Theatre in Social Context
International Summer School: Theatre in Social Context
25 August –7 September 2018
Archa Theatre, Prague, Czech Republic
Archa Theatre Summer School:
Archa Theatre promotes artistic practices that have the courage to examine topical issues expressed in a specific theatrical language. The International Summer School is a platform for experimentation and investigation in the field of contemporary theatre. Theatrical creation has focused on topical social and political issues. The summer school promises students to get acquainted with theatre in social context with the help of Archa Theatre’s artistic vision and advanced theatrical tools.
Working language of the school is English.
Issues we will focus on:
• How is reality transformed into an artistic image?
• Which artistic disciplines serve this purpose?
• How can artistic activities influence social reality?
Who are welcome to apply:
• Everyone who is older than 18, is professionally involved in theatre or who wishes to be in future.
• Everyone who is interested in the methods of the collective creation / devised theatre.
• Everyone who sees theatre as an expression of individuality on stage.
• Everyone who is interested in the principles of documentary and social-specific theatre.
• Everyone who sees theatre as a combination of artistic and technical disciplines.
How to apply?
Please submit a motivation letter and a CV with a photo to the e-mail address stated below. You can also include visual materials showing your work to date.
Applications should be submitted to:
30 April 2018
600 Euro – includes daily practical exercises, lectures, study materials, lunch, refreshments, and tickets to the accompanying program at Archa Theatre
In exceptional cases, applicants can request a discount on the tuition.
There is a limited capacity for participants.
Selection of participants will be announced by May 15, 2018.