Travel grants are intended to provide financial assistance to our members for their participation in our meetings.
As much as we would like to help as many people as possible, unfortunately, our budget is limited and we are not able to meet every request. Thus, we have to install certain criteria for selecting the grantees. If there are more applicants than the budget available, we select candidates on the basis of their motivation, their potential contribution to the meeting described in the application, and balance of representation at the meeting.
What do the grants cover?
The grants can cover up to 75% of the travel and accommodation expenses in connection with the meeting.
The grants do not cover per diem, visa, PCR tests or local transport expenses (taxi, bus, etc.).
Who can apply?
The travel grant is offered to IETM members – regardless of the country where they are based – who fit the following criteria:
- You have/your organisation has been a member of IETM for at least one year;
- The annual turnover of your organisation or of your freelance activities doesn’t exceed 100,000 euros;
- You have already settled your membership fee for 2021.
How does it work?
The grantees are responsible for booking their own travel, which will be partly refunded after the meeting upon receipt of the grant report. The three nights of accommodation covered by the grant will be booked and paid directly by IETM. If you decide to stay longer, you will have to make the arrangements yourself.
Please note that a travel grant is only offered to one person per organisation. If two or more people working for the same organisation wish to apply for a travel grant to attend the meeting, they must share one grant.
How to apply?
- Log in to your IETM account or create one. Please note that if you have to create an account, you will first have to wait until it's approved before coming back to this page and continuing with the next steps.
- Fill out the travel grants application form through the link below.
Application deadline: 28 June at 17:00 CEST
Please make sure to carefully fill in the budget section – don’t forget to look for the cheapest ticket: the cheaper the tickets, the more grants we will be able to provide to other participants.
Please also make sure to elaborate on the motivation section of the form – your motivation to attend the meeting will be the main criterion for the selection.