COVID-19-related measures under Creative Europe
On 8 April, Ministers of culture met with Mariya Gabriel, EU Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth.
During the press conference following the video-meeting, Ms Gabriel announced the following sector specific actions which will be taken under Creative Europe to support cultural and creative sectors in the face of the COVID-19 crisis:
- Maximum flexibility within the existing rules of the ongoing and planned actions: extending deadlines, to give people more time to finalise their applications
- Clear instructions to Creative Europe Desks on how to invoke the force-majeure close
- Special measures for cinemas via 5 mln in the form of vouchers for cinemas most severely affected by the lockdown
- Redirecting the work of the support scheme of the cross-border dimension of the performing arts works towards digital culture and virtual mobility. The call of € 2mln will be published in May. This fund should reach CCS as soon as possible
- Speeding up the selection procedure for the last call of the translation scheme of books
- Speeding up the evaluation of 2020 cooperation projects
- Exploring how to adapt CCS Guarantee Facility to mitigate the adverse effects of the crisis
Watch the press conference here.