Become our new Communication and Membership Assistant!
Part-time Communication and Membership Assistant (30 hours/week) - Job description
You can download this job opportunity in PDF here.
To support our communication and membership activities, we are looking for a junior professional to join our team as a part-time (30 hours/week) Communication and Membership Assistant in Brussels, Belgium, starting from 15 February 2021. If you are eager to learn, proactive, skilled in communication, interested in the performing arts and able to work collaboratively in a small and dynamic team, this opportunity might be for you!
IETM - International network for contemporary performing arts is a network of over 450 performing arts organisations and individual members working in the contemporary performing arts worldwide. Our members include festivals, companies, producers, theatres, research and resource centres, universities and institutional bodies.
We hold two plenary meetings a year in different European cities, and smaller meetings all over the world. Besides, we commission publications and research projects and facilitate communication and distribution of information. We advocate for the value of performing arts and empower performing arts professionals through access to international connections, knowledge and a dynamic forum for exchange.
We aim to create a more inclusive contemporary arts field by helping our members to diversify their organisations and work, and stimulating underrepresented performing arts professionals to join our activities and the network, regardless of their background, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, social conditions, working and employment status, age, career path and geographical location.
The role of the Communication and Membership Assistant is to assist the Communication and Membership Manager in the implementation of IETM’s overall and specific communication and membership strategies.
Under the guidance of the Communication and Membership Manager, the tasks will include:
- Help implementing the internal and external communication of the network and its activities: meetings, publications, projects, etc.
- Help managing and updating IETM’s website;
- Help managing IETM’s social media channels and closely monitoring their indicators;
- Help disseminating the outputs of the projects IETM is collaborating on;
- Design and send newsletters, policy papers, articles and other publication material;
- Edit videos and recordings;
- Take care of online community management and maintain IETM members’ web forum;
- Answer email requests and queries regarding communication and membership matters;
- Staying updated on the sector and other cultural organisations’ activities;
- Perform various other tasks as requested to contribute to the implementation of IETM’s communication and membership strategies.
- One-year experience in Communication and/or in the Cultural and Creative Sectors;
- Interest in the performing arts and in culture at large;
- Strong website and social media management skills - experience with a CRM database is an asset;
- Interest in online community management;
- Strong visual skills and close attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English - knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiatives in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines, shift between tasks and keep oversight on priorities;
- Creativity and inventivity;
- Strong collaboration skills and a positive attitude.
The Communication and Membership Assistant should be based in or be willing to relocate to Brussels, Belgium. Our offices are located at 19 Square Sainctelette, 1000 Brussels.
Contract and remuneration
The Communication and Membership Assistant will have an 80% part-time contract (30 hours/week). The contract offered is to begin with for one year with a possible extension. The salary is fixed according to the Flemish salary scales for the performing arts sector (CAO PC 304), Scale C. Luncheon vouchers are given for days worked.
Please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English addressed to the Communication and Membership Manager Jeremy Gobin, with the subject line ‘Communication and Membership Assistant’, to [email protected] before 29 January at 23:59 CET.
Online interviews with selected applicants will take place on Zoom on 4 and 5 February.